Deborah Johnson, M.A.
keynote speaker, thought leader, composer, author
My experience as a successful entrepreneur in the volatile field of Performing Arts makes me uniquely qualified to speak on the subject of positive mental code in life and leadership. Creating personal and professional momentum, working with a wide variety of team members including agents, managers, meeting planners and scores of artists and actors has equipped me in running numerous varied projects and programs. I have discovered how to walk the delicate tightrope of negotiation in running showcase rooms across the country, with artists, agents, managers and hotels. I love to create and inspire others to use their skills, talents and resources to be the very best they can be.
A few more things...
Deborah is an Inspirational speaker, author and international award-winning music artist that helps others get unstuck by producing and executing a successful plan for their second half. Up for multiple GRAMMY Awards and spending over 20 years in the entertainment industry, she's an expert on how to constantly reinvent yourself in a gig-economy. Deborah is the author of six books and speaks and performs in both live and virtual events. She is also the past president of the National Speakers Association, Los Angeles.
Born on a Dairy Farm, I understand the value of HARD WORK. My father was raised milking cows. I heard the story often of how he had to get up multiple times a night to milk cows. There was no automation and somehow they all survived and thrived! The smell of fresh milk from a cow still brings back vivid memories!
In the last weeks of my father's life, he told me, "I'm not afraid of dying...I know where I'm going...but I REALLY LIKE LIVING!" I have resolved to live my life with that mantra and want to encourage as many other people as possible to do the same!
My grandmother on my mom's side was a violinist and also played mandolin. She was an immigrant from Italy, playing in Carnegie Hall when she was 16 years old. She graduated from the New York Conservatory of Music, which was quite a landmark for a woman in her era. She then entered an arranged marriage, had a dozen children and really never played again. To carry on her legacy, one of my sisters became a wonderful violinist and I was her accompanist for years. I have also used her on some of my recordings.
...Yes, I've accomplished and DONE a lot, but what's most important is what I'm DOING now! I see so many not using their skills, talents and resources, especially at the halftime of life. (officially age 40+!) If you are there, I can help you but you have to take the first step!
Some other things I've done...
- Toured the country and world as a headline music entertainer. Performed with DoubleGrandePianos.com and produced her own solo show, touring around the country. Also wrote & produced over 2 dozen albums.
- Music and Compositions up for multiple GRAMMY Awards.
- Created Multiple Online Instruction Programs, including a 42 video course on Getting Unstuck with downloadable study guide for each lesson. Over 800 enrolled.
- Over 90,000 views, 400+ videos on YouTube Channel and proficient with Final Cut Pro editing.
- Created and maintains five+ current websites, regularly putting out blogs and new content. Has put out a weekly eArticle for over 15 years .
- Produced, Promoted & MC'd showcase rooms for four years in regional Arts Conferences around the U.S. -including renting grand pianos!
- Has over over 100 selections of sheet music + books available for immediate download on SheetMusicPlus.com. Uses Finale Software. Also provides spiral bound print books, CD's and song/instrumental track MP3 downloads.
- Transcribed and Formatted Scores for two full length musicals for Samuel French Publishers.
- College & University Instructor Cal Poly University, Chaffee College, Grace Graduate School.
- Visual Performance & Community Arts top Excellence Award - Chaffey College, Rancho Cuc. CA
- Lecturer of the Year Award; Research, Scholarship & Creative Grant - Calif. State University, Pomona.
- Top Student Educator Award, Calif. State University, Northridge.